How to Book a Hat or Headpiece
What you need to do:
1. Contact Me
Either contact me to arrange an appointment at my home in Finglas, Dublin to try on our headpieces and book a headpiece in person. You may wish to book a matching clutch bag also and this can be easily arranged.
Alternatively, if you wish to book online, click here to contact me using the form on the contact page, call me on 085 8744507 or send an email to [email protected] to check if your chosen headpiece is available for the date of your event.
In your enquiry, please provide the following information:
- Description of the headpiece.
- Date of the event for which it is required.
- Whether you will collect the headpiece from my home in person or require same to be couriered. I can also offer a pre-arranged return courier service, so let me know if you require a courier service one-way or return.
If it is available, it can be booked in advance of the event date in the following manner.
Booking a headpiece which will be collected in person: If you are collecting the headpiece in person, a payment link will be sent to you and the headpiece can be booked on payment of the relevant HIRE FEE by you. See individual product listings for details of hire fees. All hire fees listed are based on collection of the headpiece in person from my home in Finglas, for the 3 day Hire Duration. In addition, on collection of the headpiece from my home, a refundable security deposit of €50 will be payable (see below).
Booking a headpiece for courier: If you require the headpiece to be couriered to you by DHL, a payment link will be sent to you and the headpiece can be booked on payment of
- The relevant hire fee
- The refundable security deposit of €50 and
- The shipping fee (usually €20 for DHL with pre-paid return within Ireland).
The headpiece is then shipped to you before your event date. Note: We can also hire headpieces to countries outside Ireland - please contact us for details.
Hat Hire Terms & Conditions
- Collection in person of hired headpieces from my home usually takes place on Thursdays & Fridays each week by appointment only. Customers are asked to contact me on the Monday of the week of your event to arrange a suitable collection time.
- Collection of headpieces being delivered by DHL is usually scheduled for Mondays and Tuesdays where the booking is for that weekend. No guarantee is given as to the delivery time because delivery is outside of our control once the hat-box is collected by DHL from my address but normally delivery is 1-2 days and you will receive a Tracking Number.
- In the event that the booked headpiece has not been returned from a previous hire or has been returned in a damaged condition immediately prior to your event date, you will be given the option of choosing an alternative replacement headpiece but obviously this will not be identical to the original booked headpiece (as I do not hold an identical headpiece for any headpiece in our collection), or the Hire Fee (together with delivery charges and deposit, if relevant) paid by you will be refunded.
- Hire duration is usually for Three days, and the headpiece should be returned (or posted/couriered) back on the next working day after the event date. If the headpiece is not returned within this period, there will be an extra charge for an extra hire, and the Refundable Security Deposit may be forfeited in full or in part. Arrangements can be made in advance for a longer hire duration by agreement.
- Once a headpiece has been booked, a refund will not be given for the hire fee if the booking is cancelled. However, provided that at least 7 days notice is given before the booked date, a credit for the hire fee paid will be given for a cancellation which can be used towards another hire within the following 12 months. Once a headpiece has been collected for hire or delivered, it is considered a hire, even if it not worn or your event is cancelled and there will be no refund.
- All hat boxes must be returned and in the same condition as when collected. Please do not attach tape etc to the box. When returning a hat by Courier, the hat box must be wrapped in protective packaging prior to attaching the shipping label. Part of the Refundable Security Deposit may be forfeited if the Hat Box has been damaged due to not being wrapped prior to shipping.
- The refundable security deposit will be refunded on safe return of the headpiece (and hat box), provided it is returned in the same condition to that in which it was hired. In cases where the headpiece is not returned or there is damage to the headpiece (including grease, make-up, tears, rain damage, or damage to or loss of embellishment) or if it is not returned within the hire duration, the deposit will not be refunded. While Irish weather is always unpredictable, care should be taken not to expose a hat/headpiece to the rain and it should be kept under an umbrella at all times as all hats/headpieces are very vulnerable if subjected to rain. Care should be taken if the headpiece is on elastic, as they rarely break but if your hair is long, pop it up in a bun when putting on the headpiece to prevent stretching it too much, causing it to snap.
- If returning a headpiece by registered post or courier, headpieces must be packaged securely (and insured to the value with proof of postage if by registered post). Until the headpiece is received back safely to my address it is the responsibility of the hirer. Please do not put tape directly on the hat box if posting back & package the hat box within protective packaging.